Sara Evans, top figure skaters to bring family show to Pegula Ice Arena
UNIVERSITY PARK — Award-winning country music singer-songwriter Sara Evans will perform live in a family-themed show featuring figure skating stars Olympic gold medalists Ekaterina Gordeeva and Ilia Kulik, along with many others.
All of the featured performers are parents and their children will be featured in the show.
The show will take place at 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Penn State’s Pegula Ice Arena. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, Sept. 3.
The show will be broadcast nationally on NBC from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24. Following the initial telecast, there will be two rebroadcasts of the show on AXS TV, and it will be posted in its entirety on IceNetwork.com, for viewing six months following the initial telecast on NBC.
Hosted by skating champions (and parents) Kristi Yamaguchi and Michael Weiss, the star-studded cast in addition to Gordeeva and Kulik is scheduled to feature:
- Olympic silver medalist and five-time U.S. medalist Paul Wylie
- World Champion and six-time U.S. champion Todd Eldredge
- Four-time World Champion and four-time Canadian champion Kurt Browning
- Three-time U.S. champion and two-time World bronze medalist Michael Weiss
- World pair champion Isabelle Brasseur and her husband, two-time U.S. pair champion Rocky Marval
- Five-time Italian champion and Olympian Silvia Fontana and her husband, John Zimmerman, a three-time U.S. pairs champion and Olympian
The last 12 months have been busy for both Fontana and Zimmerman, and Todd Eldredge who welcomed children in 2012. In addition, the skating legacy continued as proud parents Brasseur and Marval watched daughter Gabriella become the U.S. juvenile U.S. pair champion in 2012.
Featured musical performer Sara Evans has garnered numerous accolades including the Academy of Country Music’s Top Female Vocalist honor in 2006 and the Country Music Association’s Video of the Year prize for “Born to Fly.” She’s been named one of People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People.” Her previous studio albums have been strong sellers. Her sophomore set, "No Place That Far," has been certified Gold; 2001’s "Born to Fly" is double-platinum and 2003’s "Restless" and 2005’s "Real Fine Place" are both platinum.
Evans is married to football-star-turned-sportscaster Jay Barker and together they have seven children.