Area Restaurants Offer Discounts to Veterans & Active Duty Personnel
Some State College restaurants are doing their part to thank the people who serve the United States in the military.
Many restaurants are offering discounts to active duty military personnel and veterans for Veteran's Day. Veterans who want the discounts must present Military ID, Veterans Affairs cards or discharge papers.
At Applebee's, 12 Colonnade Way, veterans and active duty military can choose from a free signature Thank You Meal menu. The menu includes a 7 oz. house sirloin, bacon cheddar cheeseburger, three-cheese chicken & sun dried tomato penne, fiesta lime chicken, double crunch shrimp, chicken tenders platter or oriental chicken salad.
"We were the first people to give veterans a free meal on Veteran's," Mike Brindley, manager of Applebee's says. "We first started it in 2009."
Hoss's Steak and Sea House, 1450 N. Atherton St., will also be offering a Veteran's Day discount. Until 9 p.m., veterans and active duty military can choose a free meal from their American Value Menu, Colin Barr, host and server at Hoss's, says.
Some of the items on this menu include chicken parmesan, thick cut ham and sirloin steak.
"Everybody here on staff cherishes Veteran's Day," Barr says. "We do a lot of discounts for a lot of holidays."
Other restaurants that will be offering discounts include:
- Chili's Bar and Grill, 139 S. Allen St.- A free meal from their special Veteran's Day Menu. The menu includes margarita chicken, turkey sandwich and pizza.
- Little Caesar's, 1712 S. Atherton St.- A free order of Crazy Bread
- Olive Garden, 1945 Waddle Rd.- A free meal from a special Veteran's Day menu. The table will also get 10 percent off their bill.
- Outback Steakhouse, 1905 Waddle Rd.- a free Bloomin' Onion and free soft drink.
- Red Lobster, 1670 N. Atherton St.- A free appetizer and free non-alcoholic drink until Nov. 14.