Boalsburg’s Hometown Christmas Schedule of Events
Friday, November 30
2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Cooke Contest entries drop off at the Boalsburg Heritage Museum
5:30 p.m. Caroling at the New Community Tree with Russell Bloom
Hot chocolate will be provided during the caroling by the Boalsburg Lions Club
6 p.m. Lighting of the tree and announcement of the Christmas Drawing Contest winners with members of the Boalsburg Fire Company, Santa and Mrs. Claus
6:15 p.m. Drawing for the Best of Boalsburg Christmas packages
7 p.m. to 9 p.m. A Taste of Boalsburg at Liberty Hill
Reservations are required. All those who registered by Nov. 20 must pay $45 per person for the event.
Saturday, December 1
All activities will be held at the Boalsburg Fire Hall unless otherwise listed
9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus
Breakfast is $5 per person. Winners of the Cookie Contest will be presented with awards at 11 a.m. at the breakfast.
9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Christmas Crafts with Girl Scout Tropp 1231 and Contempo Design
Drawing competition winners will be displayed at Christmas Crafts.
11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Restless Winds Carriage service
Carriages will be pulled by Herbie and Nathan. Rides are $2 per person and free for children under 12. Riders may board at the Heritage Museum, the fire hall or on the Diamond.
12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Children’s Story Time and Sing Along with Helen Hansen and Kathy DiMuccio
Hot chocolate will be provided by the Boalsburg Lions Club
12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Boalsburg Heritage Museum Tours and Exhibits
2 p.m to 4 p.m. Cookie Sale at the Boalsburg Heritage Museum
6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Holiday Hop
The Holiday Hop will be $3 per person.
Christmas Cookie Contest Guidelines
- Christmas cookie entries will be accepted from all ages from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. on November 30 at the Boalsburg Heritage Museum, 304 East Main Street, Boalsburg.
- An entry will consist of 12 cookies on a disposable plate plus two separately wrapped samples attached for judging.
- Completed entry information including name, phone number and age category must be attached to the bottom of the disposable plate.
- Categories include: Child (12-years-old and younger) or Adult/Teen (13-years-old and older)
- First and second prize winners for best cookies in both categories will be announced at Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus at 11 a.m. on Dec. 1.
- The cookie sale will be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Heritage Museum on Dec. 1. Sample packages will be on display at Breakfast with Santa.