Mount Nittany Health Plays Host to Several Events Through August
August may already have arrived but summer fun shows no signs of slowing down in State College thanks to an abundance of events hosted by Mount Nittany Health.
Specific support groups are also offered through August to help those who have been searching for the right place to turn.
Below is the full list of events. For more information, visit the corresponding website or call the number listed.
- Paint the Park Pink Night, presented by Mount Nittany Health
The State College Spikes play the Aberdeen IronBirds to raise money for breast cancer awareness. They take the field Aug. 4 at 7:05 p.m. Gates open at 6 p.m. at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park for pre-game
For more information, visit statecollegespikes.com.
- Mount Nittany Medical Center Breast Cancer Support Group will be held 5:30-7 p.m. Aug. 6 in Conference Room 3 at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- “A Joint Venture” is a free class on hip and knee replacements offered 11 a.m. until noon on Aug. 7 and from 7-8 p.m. Aug. 21 in Conference Rooms 1, 2 or 3, through Entrance A at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- Fertility Issues and Loss Support Group, which is sponsored by HEART (Helping Empty Arms Recover Together) is a monthly support group for women who have experienced fertility issues and/or pregnancy loss.
- The Diabetes Support Group will be held 6-7 p.m. Aug. 9 in Conference Rooms 1 and 2 through entrance E at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- The free “Parents-to-Be: The HEIR & Parents Hospital Tour for Expectant Parents” runs 6:30-7:30 p.m. and 7:45-8:45 p.m. Aug. 16 at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- Mount Nittany Health at the Grange Fair. Join healthcare professionals from Mount Nittany Health as they share health and wellness information and interactive exhibits at the 2012 Grange Fair. Then participate in the Mount Nittany Health Walk for a chance at a great prize. Runs Aug. 23-30 in Centre Hall.