Penn State Football: Major Headlines as Program Braces for Severe NCAA Sanctions
Penn State will wake up Monday and learn its fate at 9 a.m., when NCAA President Mark Emmert will issue "corrective and punitive measures" against the university's football program.
Speculation and reports have driven the discussion in the time leading up to Monday's announcement.
And if so, how long?
Here's a sampling of media reports on what Monday will bring and what it might mean going forward in college athletics.
- Mark Emmert's Swift, Bold Action Against Penn State Might Mark a New Era in NCAA Enforcement - Yahoo!
- Sources: NCAA President to Hit Penn State with 'Staggering' Penalties from Sandusky Scandal - Yahoo!
- Dennis Dodd: Penn State may Prefer Death Penalty - CBS Sports
- NCAA Official: No Death Penalty for Penn State - USA Today
- Penn State Will Not Appeal NCAA Sanctions - Harrisburg Patriot-News
- How to Fix Penn State Without Killing Football - Philadelphia Daily News