Penn State Football: News And Notes From the Nittany Lions' Pro Day
State College native Nate Stupar has waited for a chance to play in the NFL all his life.
And Wednesday provided him and 17 graduated Nittany Lion seniors with another chance to prove their worth in front of scouts from 24 different teams.
Here are notes from some of the Nittany Lions that worked out Wednesday afternoon.
- Height: 5-foot-10
- Weight: 206 pounds
- Stats: 33.5" vertical jump, 9 and 10 foot broad jump.
- Quotable: "The program has really been open to (former players), I look forward to working out with coach Fitz (strength and conditioning coach Craig Fitzgerald). They've already said to hop right in and work out with the guys anytime we want."
- Height: 6-foot-6
- Weight: 262 pounds
- Stats: 30-inch vertical jump
- Quotable: "I've worked out here, in Delaware, and in Pittsburgh. It's nice to catch a breath of fresh air and work with the new staff. "
- Height: 6-foot-4
- Weight: 209 pounds
- Stats: Ran a 4.41 40-yard dash, an improvement from his 4.51 time at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- Quotable: "The coaching staff has treated us really well, like we were part of the team. I think it went really well today and I'm pleased with my performance."
- Weight: 241 pounds
- Stats: Ran a 4.55 40-yard dash. Worked in positional drills.
- Quotable: "I think it was a very good and very productive day. I'll be here in town working out and waiting for calls and visits."
- Height: 6-foot-5
- Weight: 272 pounds
- Stats: Felt good about combine performance so worked positional drills and did not any timed or lifting drills.
- Quotable: "You get to a certain point and you have to push yourself. When you learn how to push past everything, that's the sort of person that can make it in the NFL. I'm confident with my performance and on tape."
- Extra: Mentioned the Saints as a team that had spoken to him.
- Height: 6 feet
- Weight: 207 pounds
- Stats: "Ran a 40-yard dash in the 4.40s."
- Quotable: "Teams are talking about using me in a few positions. Corner, and safety mostly. Only the strong survive, and I'm ready to do whatever a team needs me to do."
- Height: 6-foot-5
- Weight: 300 pounds
- Stats: Ran a 4.95 40-yard dash.
- Quotable: "I'm going to stay away from (Mel) Kiper."
- Penn State Football: Wildcat Threat and WR Bill Belton Moving to Running Back as O'Brien Readies for Spring Practice