Penn State Football: Unique Ticket Deal Available for Current 2013 Season Ticket Holders
With season ticket prices and single game ticket procedures a hot topic for Penn State fans, the university rolled out another ticketing option for Nittany Lion Club members on Monday.
In an email sent to all Nittany Lion Club members the new single game sale procedures were laid out and explained in detail.
"Because of your current support and status as a football season ticket holder, Penn State Athletics is pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase additional 2013 season tickets without any further donation," The email read.
"That means, you can secure additional season tickets purchased at face value ($385) for you to share with family, friends, co-workers, charities and others without having to provide the additional donation associated with those seat locations. This offer is only available to those Nittany Lion Club members who already have 2013 season tickets and have made the accompanying donation. We want to maximize attendance each Saturday, but we also insist on protecting the commitment you have made to us.
"Penn State Football season tickets are available. Beaver Stadium is not sold out. Remarkably, we talk to people on a daily basis who believe that to be the case. That has not been the case for at least five (5) years.
"More than 80% of you signed on for the 5-year One Team Commitment! Knowing that you intend to stay with us, through the challenging times, speaks volumes about who 'We Are.'”
As one might expect, the program isn't without it's rules and regulations.
Important to note with these additional tickets purchased:
1) All additional ticket orders will be done via phone by calling 1-800-NITTANY.
2) All additional tickets will be offered on a first-come, first served basis, beginning immediately.
3) You can purchase additional tickets up to the number that matches the quantity that your 2013 gift level provides for.
4) The location of your additional tickets will be the same for each home game, based on availability.
5) Additional ticket locations will be offered in the Red, Yellow and Blue zones.
6) Tickets purchased will be accompanied with the same Ticket Exchange privileges you currently have access to in managing your season tickets; and
7) You will certainly have the option to add tickets with the accompanying donation during the 2014 renewal process, but the purchase of additional seats for this season does not in any way obligate you or impact your NLC standing or priority point total.
The email also notes that single game tickets may be purchased for face value regardless of zone for $70.
Penn State fans were recently shocked and in many cases upset when Penn State announced that tickets for the Michigan and Eastern Michigan contests must be purchased together as a set and similarly, fans who purchase tickets to see Penn State take on Nebraska will also be required to purchase the same amount of tickets to the Kent State meeting. These stipulations do not apply to season ticket holders.
Despite a noticeable decrease in attendance numbers for Penn State in 2013, the program still ranked fifth nationally in total attendance following the season.