Plenty of PSU Gifts Available for Nittany Lion Fans
With just a few days until Christmas, malls and other stores will be filled with last minute shoppers frantically searching for perfect gifts for friends and family.
Look to these Nittany Lions presents to bring a little Happy Valley holiday cheer to Penn State students, alumni and fans still on your list.
- Penn State apparel: Whether someone cheers for a specific sport, likes to support his or her college or is just a Penn State fan in general, one can never have enough Penn State apparel. From t-shirts and sweatpants to jackets and socks, stores like Family Clothesline, Lion’s Pride and Old State Clothing offer all your Nittany Lions apparel needs. Harper’s also offers higher end Penn State apparel for men.
- Penn State Creamery ice cream: For true Blue&Whiters, no other ice cream can compare to that of the Creamery. With 100 ice cream flavors, 10 frozen yogurt flavors and six sherbet flavors, the Creamery offers something for everyone. Think about purchasing a half gallon of Alumni Swirl, Arboretum Breeze, Lion Tracks, Mint Nittany or WPSU Coffee Break to enhance the Penn State experience. Also look to Creamery cheeses or spreads for great last minute gifts.
- Tailgating supplies: Nittany Lions football fanatics love their tailgating and tailgating supplies. If you are last minute shopping for such a fan, stop at a PSU-oriented store in downtown State College to find Blue&White folding camping chairs, coolers, grill covers and sets and canopies.
- Diploma frame: Recent and past graduates alike all need somewhere special to display their diplomas. Old Main Frame, 136 E. College Ave., offers frames in a range of prices, woods and stains. The store also features Penn State art, various signs and sports display cases.
- Athletics tickets: Though football tickets aren’t available yet, Penn State has plenty of winter sports for fans to enjoy. Head to the Bryce Jordan Center Athletic Ticket Office or call 1-800-NITTANY to purchase Nittany Lions men’s and women’s basketball tickets, wrestling tickets, women’s volleyball tickets, men’s and women’s gymnastics tickets or men’s and women’s hockey tickets.
- Penn State jewelry: Shopping for a lady who loves Penn State? Lion’s Pride, Kranich’s Jewelers, Aurum Jewelers and Goldsmiths and Moyer Jewelers offer Penn State necklaces, bracelets, earrings, watches and rings. Many of these jewelers also carry Italian enamel beads and charms featuring paw prints, the Nittany Lion and the Penn State logo.
- Home décor: Penn Staters’ love for Penn State often reflects in their homes, making home décor a great last minute gift option. Whether you are looking for flags to hang in the front yard, garden flags, statues, clocks, wall art, blankets and throws or lamps, downtown stores carry plenty of options.
- Kitchen utensils: For cooks and those who like to eat, Family Clothesline, McClanahan’s and the Student Bookstore offer a myriad of kitchen supplies and utensils. Paw print ice cube trays, coasters, platters, serving dishes, cutting boards, coffee mugs, salt shakers, cookie jars and drinkware can outfit an entire kitchen in blue and white.
- Books: Many stores carry books relating to the history of the university. Those who enjoy reading, Penn State and the Nittany Lions would be happy to find a book under their tree. Ranging from football history to how the university began, Penn State books coverage a wide variety of Blue&White topics, appeasing all types of fans.
- Stocking stuffers: Not only do Penn State fans like opening up Penn State gifts, they also like finding Penn State presents in their stockings. Smaller gifts like koozies, bottle openers, corkscrews, gloves, scarves, hair accessories, key chains, pens and pencils, travel mugs and water bottles fit perfectly with stockings and keep Penn State pride alive.