Police Announce Road Closings for Halloween Parade
The State College Halloween Parade starts at 7 p.m. on Sunday, forming at 6:30 p.m. on North Burrowes Road.
On Tuesday, the State College Police Department released the following route the parade will follow:
- South on North Burrowes Road to West College Avenue
- East on West College Avenue to South Allen Street
- South on South Allen Street to Foster Avenue
- West on West Foster Avenue to Memorial Field
Police also said the following streets will be closed for about an hour starting at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday:
- College Avenue from Pugh Street to Burrowes Road
- South Allen Street from College Avenue to Foster Avenue
- Foster Avenue from South Allen Street to Memorial Field
Motorists should be wary of potential traffic delays in the area of the parade route, police said, but a detour route will be in effect:
Motorists traveling west on East College Avenue will be directed south on to South Pugh Street. They may then travel south to Nittany Avenue, west on Nittany Avenue to Atherton Street then north on Atherton Street to College Avenue.
Traffic on Beaver Avenue will be periodically interrupted during the parade procession, police said.
From the police log on Tuesday, Oct. 23:
Police are investigating the report of 20 gallons of stolen gasoline from lawnmowers at the Centre County Memorial Park, 1032 Benner Pike.
Police received the call at 9:17 a.m. on Tuesday but said the theft happened sometime on Sunday. The cost of the lost gasoline is expected to be somewhere between $60 and $80.