Police Investigate Reported Rape on Campus
Penn State University Police are investigating an alleged rape that reportedly took place inside a dormitory early Saturday morning.
Investigators say it happened in a South Halls residence hall room around 2:30 a.m. According to police, the victim is a female and the suspect is believed to an acquaintance.
The investigation is said to be ongoing and so far no charges have been filed.
Police ask that you follow these guidelines to reduce your risk of becoming a crime victim:
- When you go out, go in a group.
- Check in with each other throughout the night and leave together.
- Don't let yourself become isolated with someone you don't know or trust.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
- Do not accept rides or go anywhere with people you don't know well and trust.
- Take money for a taxi with you or use the Safe Walk Service by calling 865-WALK (9255)
If you have any information about the reported rape you should contact Penn State University Police at (814) 863-1111. You can also file an anonymous report by clicking HERE.