Reports Say Penn State Settles with Five More Sex Abuse Claimants
According to the most recent reports, a total of eight people who say former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky molested them have reached settlement agreements with Penn State.
Five more people who say Sandusky molested them have settled claims with the university, Michael Rozen, an attorney hired by Penn State, told the Philadelphia Inquirer. Rozen could not be immediately reached for comment.
"Victims" 2, 3, 7 and 10 have also settled with the university, attorney Joel Feller also said, according to the Inquirer. Feller could also not be reached for comment.
The university has allotted $60 million to be spent to settle these cases.
Earlier this week, Tom Kline, attorney for the person identified as "Victim 5" in the grand jury report, said his client has settled with the university, but would not release any numbers on how much they settled for. Kline said Thursday that nothing has changed since they settled.
Attorney Michael Boni, attorney for a total of 11 claimants, including "Victim 1," said Thursday that his clients have come close to settlement agreements, and they just have to work through the wording of the agreement. Boni said he expects the settlements to be finished within the coming days.
Sandusky was convicted in June 2012 on 45 counts of child sex abuse. He was sentenced to serve 30 to 60 years in prison.