Sandusky Trial: Day 1 Headlines
Day 1 of the Jerry Sandusky trial recessed for the day around 5 p.m. Monday.
After the media frenzy and relative uncertainty over how the first day would unfold, most media outlets opted for a breakdown of the day's events rather than pursue enterprise stories.
Here's how the media covered it, from the East coast to the West coast:
- Sandusky's Trial Begins With Disturbing Testimony - The New York Times
- Jerry Sandusky Trial Opens With Testimony From Accuser - The Los Angeles Times
- Alleged Sandusky Victim: 'He Treated Me Like His Girlfriend' - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Witness Describes Abuse - Times Leader
- New Questions Raised On Who Knew About Sandusky - The Morning Call
- First Sandusky Trial Witness, Victim No. 4, Details Abuse - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Sandusky Trial's First Day Sets Tone: Mentor vs. Abuser - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Columns and Opinion
- Jerry Sandusky Trial Hits Close to Home in Centre County, Pa. - The Washington Post
- Sandusky Scandal Intertwined With Economic Disparities - Philly.com
- Jerry Sandusky Trial: Should He Testify? It Can Be A Tough Call - Patriot News