Sandusky Trial: Major Headlines Heading into Day 3
Day 2 of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal continued to be overshadowed by reports regarding an alleged cover-up by top Penn State officials.
Inside the courtroom, it didn't get any easier for Penn Staters, as alleged victim No. 1 (who by coming forward to authorities helped launch the investigation) broke down on the witness stand several times throughout his testimony.
Later, Mike McQueary, the prosecution's embattled 'star' witness, left nothing to the imagination, testifying he believes Sandusky was raping a young boy in the Lasch Football Building showers in 2001.
Here's more headlines from an emotion-filled Day 2 in Bellefonte:
- LaVar Arrington: I Wish I Paid More Attention to One Man's Pain - Washington Post
- Rich Hofmann: McQueary's Tale of 'Horrific' Scene Deals Blow to Sandusky's Defense - Philadelphia Daily News
- Witnesses Testifying in the Child Sex Abuse Case - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Coach Accused of Abusing Children has Histrionic Personality Disorder, Expert to Testify - Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Alleged Victim 1 Looks Abuser in Eye on Witness Stand - Harrisburg Patriot-News
- McQueary: ‘I Want to be a Football Coach at Penn State’ - StateCollege.com
- Coach Says Sandusky 'Jumped Like a Rabbit' when he Walked in on Weight Room Incident - Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Victim: Counselor Ignored Complaints About Sandusky - Citizens Voice