Time to Test Your Super Bowl Knowledge
With Super Bowl XLVII hours away, we thought we’d give some of you a chance to show off your knowledge about this once-a-year mega-event and some of its history.
Football fans should find most of these fairly easy (some not so much), but since they’re multiple choice, you can close your eyes and still get 25 percent of them right! So get out the iPad, log onto Google, and here we go. Good Luck!
1. What four NFL teams have never played in a Super Bowl?
A. Jaguars, Seahawks, Rams, and Jets
B. Falcons, Bears, Texans, and Browns
C. Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans
D. Patriots, Packers, Steelers, and Cowboys
2. How many Super Bowl MVP awards did Terry Bradshaw win when he played for the Steelers?
3. Everyone knows that the legendary Vince Lombardi coached the Packers in Super Bowl I on Jan. 15, 1967 in Los Angeles. Who did he coach against?
A. Bill Walsh
B. Norm Van Brocklin
C. Bud Grant
D. Hank Stram
4. What two teams are tied for the worst overall Super Bowl win-loss record?
A. Eagles and Raiders
B. Vikings and Bills
C. Seahawks and Jets
D. Dolphins and Bears
5. What team has scored the most total points in the Super Bowl?
6. What was the closest Super Bowl game ever?
A. Giants/Bills, 1991
B. Steelers/Cardinals, 2009
C. Patriots/Panthers, 2001
D. 49ers/Bengals, 1982
7. How many former Penn State quarterbacks have started in a Super Bowl?
8. What team did the Steelers play in the famous game that was “one for the thumb”?
9. What two quarterbacks have appeared in the most Super Bowls?
A. Bart Starr/Jim Kelly
B. Tom Brady/John Elway
C. Ben Roethlisberger/Peyton Manning
D. Kurt Warner/Bret Favre
10. What does XLVII stand for?
Congrats, you finished! Let’s see how you did:
ANSWERS: 1-C. (hope you didn’t guess D…) 2-A. in 1979 and 80. 3-D. Stram coached the Kansas City Chiefs. 4-B. Both are 0-4. 5-D. Dallas has 221 points, Steelers are second with 193. 6-A. Giants 20, Bills 19. 7-C. You got Kerry Collins, right?, but you might have missed Jeff Hostetler playing for the Giants in 1991. 8-C. In 2006, a 21-10 win. 9-B. Each has been to five. 10-D. That was a gimmie (I hope).
BONUS QUESTION: What will be most remembered about this year’s Super Bowl?
A. The commercials
C. The Cheerleaders
D. The game
(I hope it’s D, but the track record is not good…)
Thanks for playing!