Penn State Football: What To Know About Attending College GameDay On Saturday
As you may have heard, College GameDay is broadcasting live from State College this weekend outside of Old Main.
And if you haven't heard, well, spoilers.
Additionally, College Football Live will originate from the set around 3 p.m. Friday. There will also be several SportsCenter segments from the set Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning.
In either case there are plenty of details to know prior to show if you want your face on national TV.
Regulations for Fans Interested in Standing in the GameDay “Pit”
The following regulations will be in place, per ESPN and Penn State, for fans who are interested in standing in the “pit” near the College GameDay stage (show is free of charge):
- Fans may begin lining up for access to the pit Saturday at 4 a.m. ET, with the pit being open at approximately 6:30 a.m. (no overnight camping)
- Fans entering the pit will be screened by security using metal detection wands
- No bags, backpacks or purses are permitted
- No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage)
- No signs or flags on a stick
- No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards
- No food or drinks
- Throwing of objects is prohibited
Transportation and Parking Recommendations for Fans Attending College GameDay
Penn State is making the following transportation and parking recommendations for fans who plan to attend College GameDay. The Beaver Stadium parking lots will open at 8 a.m.
- Students who live on campus are encouraged to walk to Old Main lawn or take the CATA White or Blue Loop bus and walk from stops on Burrowes Street or the Schlow Library on Beaver Avenue (White) or intersection of College Avenue and Allen Street (Blue).
- Students who live off campus and State College residents are encouraged to walk to Old Main or take the CATA bus and walk from the Schlow Library stop on Beaver Avenue.
Students and fans who plan to park near College GameDay location
- For fans who plan to drive to attend College GameDay, there are three downtown parking garages that are within three blocks of the Old Main lawn that have hourly rates: the Beaver Avenue Garage, the Fraser Street Garage and the Pugh Street Garage. Metered street parking also is available downtown.
- There also are four parking garages on campus: East, Eisenhower, HUB and Nittany parking decks. There is a flat fee of $25 to park in the University decks on football game day.
Fans who plan to park in Beaver Stadium lots and attend GameDay
- Fans who have a Beaver Stadium parking permit and plan to park in their game day space and then attend College GameDay are encouraged to walk to Old Main (1.3 miles) or take the CATA White or Blue Loop bus to downtown and walk (2-3 blocks).
- Fans can pick up the CATA White Loop near the Northbound lane of University Drive, just south of the intersection with Hastings Road and outside Gate D of the Bryce Jordan Center. The White Loop also stops in front of the Intramural Building and makes three more stops as it heads west on Curtin Road. Fans can walk from Schlow Library to Old Main.
- Fans can pick up the CATA Blue Loop on Curtin Road in front of McCoy Natatorium and Shields Building and walk from the intersection of College Avenue and Allen Street to Old Main.