Penn State’s annual student music festival, Movin’ On, will take place Friday at the Park Avenue intramural fields on northeast campus, bringing with it a handful of road closures. Penn State police are asking drivers to avoid the area if possible.
The following roads will be closed from about 3:30 to 11:30 p.m. Friday, April 26:
- Park Avenue (from Bigler Road to University Drive)
- North University Drive (from Park Avenue to just north of the University Drive and Services Road intersection)
- Services Road (from Big Hollow Road to University Drive)
Those driving on Park Avenue from the east will be directed south on University Drive.
Bigler Road will have northbound access off of Park Avenue, but since most of the other roads in the area will be blocked off, driving in this area will be limited.
Anyone trying to continue east or west on Park Avenue can detour onto Curtin Road for the duration of the closure.
The Campus Shuttle will not serve these stops at all on Friday:
- Campus Shuttle via College Avenue stops 18 (Big Hollow), 19 (Hazmat Bldg.), 20 (Ag Research), 21 (Support Bldg. 1 & 2), and 22 (Blue Band)
- Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue stops 2 (N University Dr.), 3 (Data Center);
From 3-6 p.m. Friday, the Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue also won’t serve stops 4 (Business Services) and 5 (Arboretum).
An interactive map of the road closures can be viewed here.
Grouplove and A$AP Ferg will headline the annual concert for Penn State students ages 18 and older. Visit movinon.org for more information on the festival.