Welch and Park Forest community pools will open on Saturday, June 27, Centre Region Parks and Recreation announced on Friday.
The opening of the pools was delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and patrons will see some changes in effect.
Pool capacity will be capped at 50 percent. Visitors should call the front desk staff to check capacity before heading to the pools, especially on hot and busy days (Welch: 814-237-3964; Park Forest: 814-238-4515).
Other changes at the pools this season include:
- Diving boards, water slides and wibit will not be available for use. The splash pad areas and the climbing wall at Welch, however, will be open.
- No camps, private groups or rentals will be permitted.
- Patrons are expected to maintain the CDC recommended 6-feet distance between them and non-household members in and out of the pools.
- Lap lanes are limited to two patrons at a time, starting on opposite ends of the lane.
- No patio furniture or lounge chairs will be available for patron use. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- Water fountains are closed. Bring your own or purchase it from the front desk.
- Bottled water is the only concession that will be available. Patrons may bring their own food and drink, but are reminded that no glass or alcohol is permitted.
- Additional sanitizing and cleaning will be completed by staff every two hours while the pools are open
On weekends, pools will open at 10 a.m. for adult lap swim and toddler time (ages 3 and under) and from noon to 8 p.m. they will be open for general swimming. For weekdays, 7-9 a.m. is adult lap swim, 9-noon is lap swim and family time, and noon to 8 p.m. is general swim.
Season passes and fee schedules are available here.