The following is a list of charitable events in State College. We'll be covering many of these events, so check back often for photos of attendees. If you have an event you'd like us to include, drop us a note at info@StateCollege.com. We can't promise that we'll cover it, but we welcome suggestions.
Listing of Charitable Events and Organizations
Browse the list of charitable events in the State College, Pa area.
CBICC Annual Awards Gala
Penn Stater Conference Center and Hotel
The Nittany Valley Symphony Spring Fashion Show
March 19, 2011
Centre Hills Country Club
Accuweather.com 7th Annual Centre County Make-A-Wish Gala
Friday, March 25, 6:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
The Penn Stater
Penn State Coaches vs Cancer
12th annual CVC 5k run/walk
March 26, 2011 at 11 a.m.
IM Building on Curtin and University, University Park, PA
April 8 and 9 at Penn State AG Fields
"The American Cancer Society Relay For Life gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, relays are overnight events."
The Clare Fund, Inc. Benefit Art Auction
April 29, 2011, 6:30 p.m.
Toftrees Golf Resort & Conference Center
* Tickets are $25 per person and they include complimentary light fare, door prizes, entertainment and silent and live auctions. Proceeds will benefit the Clare Dahlia Snetsinger Art Awards of Excellence Scholarship Fund, which targets local, artistically talented 11th and 12th grade high school students attending public or private schools.
* For more information about The Clare Fund, please visit www.theclarefund.org.
The Second Mile Charity Auction
Ramada Inn and Conference Center
* The 2010 Second Mile Charity Auction was held on Friday, April 30 at The Ramada Inn and Conference Center in State College and was attended by approximately 204 individuals.
Centre County Youth Service Bureau
On the Fly PA Fly Fishers Tournament
Wayne Harpster and Family Farm
Children’s Miracle Network Golf Tournament
All of the money goes directly to the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital at Geisinger in Danville, PA to support seriously ill children in Centre and surrounding counties.The tournament is set for May 26th at the Penn State Blue and White golf course
Penn State Coaches vs Cancer
15th Annual CVC Celebrity Golf Tournament
Penn State Blue and White Golf Courses
CVC was able set a new fundraising record in 2010 with more than $200,000 net for the American Cancer Society and BPCAF.
The Second Mile
The 31st Annual Golf Classic
June 23 - 25, 2011
Nittany Valley Symphony
SUNSET SYMPHONY: An outdoor pops concert to benefit the NVS
Tussey Mountain Amphitheater
Mount Nittany Medical Center 21st Annual Golf Classic
Penn State Golf Courses
- In 2010 the tournament raised $103,000 toward its $500,000 5-year goal. In three years, the tournament has raised more than $300,000 toward this goal.
- The cost for an individual golfer is $360 and includes golf, lunch, post-play reception, dinner and awards ceremony, commemorative gifts, on-course refreshments and snacks, and the opportunity to win a new car or $10,000 cash. Spouses and friends not playing in the tournament may attend the dinner for $40 a person.
- Register early for Team Pass, includes all contests, Putt for Cash, and 2 mulligans for the entire team. Foursome Team Pass - $220, Individual Team Pass - $55.