Food and Drink
Lucky for us, but not for this guide, there are far too many food options to list here. Check out StateCollege.com's Restaurant directory or order online if you are really hungry. Visit the StateCollege.com Dining Guide to check out your options or to place an order online.
Go Order Food Online →
- When doing work on campus, there is always an available option for a cup of coffee. The HUB has two coffee counters; the library has a small cafe; almost every Commons area has coffee readily available at anytime. Pollock Library, the computer lab, also has coffee available for late-night studiers.
- Webster's Bookstore and Cafe: Located downtown on Allen Street, Webster's provides new and used books to customers and offers many options for the conscientious consumer. Organic, fair-trade, shade-grown coffee and teas are available here. Webster's is also the scene of several folk concerts, poetry readings, and other events of the kind.
- Irving's: Aside from Irving's delicious coffee and breakfast options, the atmosphere is also tempting. Students, professors, and other locals alike frequent Irving's to do some work, read, or just catch up with friends. There is a downstairs lounge area with several desks and comfortable couches. Side note: Irving's also makes delicious smoothies.
- Saint's: You can find Saint's Cafe on Beaver Avenue. They always have delicious coffee, good conversation, and tasty pastries.
- The Cheese Shop: Morning coffee is easy at The Cheese Shop on Calder Way, where customers don't have to wait in line to put their money on the counter and serve themselves. The coffee is unique and delicious, the shop always smells good, and the products are endlessly interesting.
For the Over 21 Crowd
- Liquor Stores: The two most convenient state stores (for those out-of-staters who don't know, PA limits the sale of alcohol to state-run stores) are the Wine & Spirits Shoppes located on W. Hamilton Road and on South Atherton Street in the Hills Plaza Shopping Center.
- Bars: For happy hours and nightly specials, check out our Bar Tour page. A couple of must-try town favorites: a Monkey Boy from the Saloon and a Long Island Iced Tea at Cafe 210.
- For complete happy hour, event, and special information, visit the StateCollege.com Bar Tour
- Gumby's Pizza: Gumby's is a pizza shop, but they're best known for their Pokey Stix, a cheese-stick product that is featured in several weekly specials. Don't chalk these up to be just another cheese bread—there is nothing like it.
- D.P. Dough: If calzones sound better than pizza, D.P. Dough will hit the spot. Dozens of calzone creations grace the menu, and delivery is usually quick and cheap.
- Don Corleone's: Though they could also fit on the pizza list, Don Corleone's is located further from the center of town than most are willing to walk late at night on University Drive. However, they have some of the best pizza in State College, and deserved a mention. On weekends, they're open for delivery or pick-up until 3 a.m. or later.
- Canyon Pizza: You can find Canyon Pizza on Beaver Avenue, surrounded by people at all hours of the night with a line hanging out the door. Like most other pizza places in town, they offer a late night $1.00 per slice special.
- College Pizza: College Pizza is located just half a block away from Canyon Pizza, and host their own long line most nights. Located downstairs at 128 Locust Lane, the line goes relatively quickly, and they offer a bigger seating area inside.
- Belle's Greek Pizza: A new addition to the State College pizza scene, Belle's offers a very greasy, Greek-style pizza option to customers. Open late every night of the week (good to know for those of you who like to go out on Sundays), Belle's has quickly become a crowd favorite. Be forewarned Ranch dressing lovers: you will not find any Ranch on tap to dip your pizza in at Belle's. No worries — your taste buds won't miss it.
- Hi-Way Pizza: College Avenue has a pizza place, as well, with pizza and more extensive food options than the other pizza shops in town. Their hours aren't usually as late, but they do have a bottle shop in the store with good prices and variety.