Rebersburg, like its neighbor Madisonburg, is another town Colonel Samuel Miles had some responsibility for. Rich farm land and a nearby water supply along the early road that Miles built encouraged settlement in the 1800’s by Germans from southeastern Pennsylvania. In 1809, Conrad Reber acquired a portion of Miles’ land and laid out the village in a series of uniform 60 x 90 foot lots spread in a thin ribbon along each side of Brush Valley Road.
Rebersburg has a total area of 1.5 square miles and a population of approximately 500 inhabitants. Its rural environment is ideal for those who love the outdoors. Popular activities include fly fishing, hunting, and bird-watching. Also there is an Amish presence which keeps the old German customs alive.
Rebersburg is served by the Penns Valley School District.