Penn State Football Stadium
Beaver Stadium was created when Beaver Field was dismantled in 1960 and moved from just northeast of Rec hall to its current location. Since then it has been expanded six times to its current capacity of 106,572. It currently is the second largest stadium in the country and the fourth largest in the world. Beaver Stadium is named in honor of James A. Beaver. A lawyer who lived in Bellefonte at the outbreak of the Civil War, he enlisted in the Union Army and rose to the rank of Brigadier General before his discharge in 1864. Beaver served as a superior court judge, governor of Pennsylvania and president of the University’s Board of Trustees.
Take A Look inside Beaver Stadium