State College Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Welcome Outdoor Adventurers!
Discover the outdoors of central Pennsylvania. Our online Outdoor Adventure Sports Guide helps you find PA state parks, local hiking trails, outdoor rock climbing outfitters and other rock climbing facilities, mountain biking trials, biking trails and golf courses. From camping to hunting.
Choose Your Adventure
Click a link below and start your Outdoor Adventure today!
- Archery / Bow Hunting Archery hunters checkout our coverage for Centre county bow hunting.
- Camping / Campgrounds Find a camp ground in Centre county and State College area
- Golf / Golf Courses There are six public and private golf courses in Centre County Pennsylvania.
- Boats / Boating Get out on the water with our local boating guide.
- Parks / State Parks State Parks provide a variety of activities during all seasons. Here are some that may pique your interest.
- Skiing / Ski Resorts Skiers in State College are within 2 hours of various local resorts and within 3 hours of the Poconos, a large Eastern Pennsylvania ski area with 13 resorts.
- Hiking / Trails Central Pennsylvania has some of the most scenic and challenging hiking trails in the northeast ranging from a little over a mile (Alan Seeger Trail) to hundreds of miles long (Mid-State Trail). Here are just a few.
- Caving / Spelunking Pennsylvania has one of the most extensive cave networks in the nation, and many are found local to State College.
- Rock Climbing / Rappelling Since State College is so mountainous, you have your pick as to where you would like to rock climb or repel.
- Biking / Mountain Biking Due to State College's topography, biking is a challenging endeavor. You can ride an easy trail at one of the state parks, or you can test your skill at the deer pen trails
Enjoy watching the Harvest Full Moon rise over Black Moshannon Lake. View the full moon through the telescope, while enjoying a food cooked over a campfire. Drinks will also be available.
Who’s awake? Me Too! Accompany the park naturalist in search of a seldom experienced nighttime predator as we hike through the woods in the dark of night! Through the use of sound equipment we wil...
FREE! Area storytellers perform at Dark in the Park. Enjoy seasonal stories and campfire-type fairy tales while bundled up with family and friends.
Do you have an interest in PA wildlife? Would you like to learn how to become a trapper? This program is for you! Join special guest speaker Tim Bittner from Bittner Trapping Supplies and Fur for a...
Discover the unique role of bats in our ecosystem! Help eliminate myths that generate needless fears and threaten bats and their habitats.
Pennsylvania Outdoor Resources
Find information on hiking, hunting, sightseeing, wildlife, primitive camping and backpacking, cross country skiing, mountain biking, snowmobiling, ATV trails, natural areas, and plant sanctuaries.
Find informational maps, license agents, seasons/sizes/creel limits, fishing and boating laws, access areas, and boat registration.
Find information on hunting and fur-taking licenses, wildlife, publications and videos, watchable wildlife, game land maps, elk viewing, bald eagles, and black bears.
To find out more about outdoor activities, visit http://www.clubs.psu.edu/outing