State College Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Welcome Outdoor Adventurers!
Discover the outdoors of central Pennsylvania. Our online Outdoor Adventure Sports Guide helps you find PA state parks, local hiking trails, outdoor rock climbing outfitters and other rock climbing facilities, mountain biking trials, biking trails and golf courses. From camping to hunting.
Choose Your Adventure
Click a link below and start your Outdoor Adventure today!
- Archery / Bow Hunting Archery hunters checkout our coverage for Centre county bow hunting.
- Camping / Campgrounds Find a camp ground in Centre county and State College area
- Golf / Golf Courses There are six public and private golf courses in Centre County Pennsylvania.
- Boats / Boating Get out on the water with our local boating guide.
- Parks / State Parks State Parks provide a variety of activities during all seasons. Here are some that may pique your interest.
- Skiing / Ski Resorts Skiers in State College are within 2 hours of various local resorts and within 3 hours of the Poconos, a large Eastern Pennsylvania ski area with 13 resorts.
- Hiking / Trails Central Pennsylvania has some of the most scenic and challenging hiking trails in the northeast ranging from a little over a mile (Alan Seeger Trail) to hundreds of miles long (Mid-State Trail). Here are just a few.
- Caving / Spelunking Pennsylvania has one of the most extensive cave networks in the nation, and many are found local to State College.
- Rock Climbing / Rappelling Since State College is so mountainous, you have your pick as to where you would like to rock climb or repel.
- Biking / Mountain Biking Due to State College's topography, biking is a challenging endeavor. You can ride an easy trail at one of the state parks, or you can test your skill at the deer pen trails
Runners, fast, and not so fast walkers can speed into the New Year on a certified, mostly flat, wheel-measured course around the streets of Penn State Campus, starting and finishing on College Avenue.
Take the plunge for a good cause! All proceeds benefit The Clay Bishop Water Rescue & Safety Fund.
Jamie Barbarich Covol is a local mom, wife, friend, and the Autistic Support Teacher at Mount Nittany Elementary School in State College. Eight years ago Jamie was diagnosed with a brain tumor.
Join us at the Old Gregg School, 106 School Street, in Spring Mills for the 5th Annual Penns Valley Turkey Trot 5k benefitting The HOPE Fund of Penns Valley! The race will be held on Thanksgiving ...
Register now for the 3rd Annual Run for Shelter 5k! Presented by Northwest Savings Bank and Housing Transitions, Inc This unique run/walk will take place on Saturday, November 8 at 9am at Cent...
Pennsylvania Outdoor Resources
Find information on hiking, hunting, sightseeing, wildlife, primitive camping and backpacking, cross country skiing, mountain biking, snowmobiling, ATV trails, natural areas, and plant sanctuaries.
Find informational maps, license agents, seasons/sizes/creel limits, fishing and boating laws, access areas, and boat registration.
Find information on hunting and fur-taking licenses, wildlife, publications and videos, watchable wildlife, game land maps, elk viewing, bald eagles, and black bears.
To find out more about outdoor activities, visit http://www.clubs.psu.edu/outing