Penn State football will host two White Out games at Beaver Stadium this year — one a full-stadium affair and one designated for the student section.
The Nittany Lions’ 7:30 p.m. kickoff on Sept. 18 against Auburn will be the annual White Out game, with all fans in attendance encouraged to wear white, the program announced on Thursday.
Penn State also is adding a student-section White Out this year for the Nov. 13 game against Michigan. The Wolverines have been a frequent White Out game opponent in the past, and a spontaneous full-stadium White Out for this year’s game seems possible.
The announcement came as Penn State also unveiled the dates for single-game football ticket sales and other game themes for 2021.
General public single-game football tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 5, through Ticketmaster. A presale for Nittany Lion Club members will begin at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 27.
Single-game ticket prices are variable based on the game and seat location and range anywhere from $35 for upper level seats for the Ball State and Villanova games to $299 for lower level seats between the 40s for the Auburn and Michigan games.
For pricing and purchase information, visit www.GoPSUsports.com/tickets.
Advance parking will also be available for purchase as part of the Aug. 5 sale. General parking purchased in advance will be $40, while day-of-game it will be $60. The overnight RV lot is sold out and fans without an RV permit will be directed to the Grange Fairgrounds in Centre Hall.
Game themes for 2021 include:
• Ball State, 3:30 p.m., Sept. 11: 107k Family Reunion, celebrating the return to full-stadium capacity for the first time since Nov. 30, 2019.
• Auburn, 7:30 p.m., Sept. 18: Full-Stadium White Out, with all fans in attendance encouraged to where white attire. An official White Out T-shirt will go on sale in August.
• Villanova, Sept. 25: THON game will include the student section coordinated to form a yellow ribbon in honor of the student-run philanthropy and its fight against pediatric cancer. The game also will be a culmination of Penn State Athletics’ State of Excellence week celebrating student-athlete accomplishment on the field and in the classroo,.
• Indiana, Oct. 2: Stripe Out, with each section coordinated in all blue or all white clothing
• Illinois, noon, Oct. 23: Homecoming, with the team also wearing the Generations of Greatness uniforms featuring design elements from different eras.
• Michigan, Nov. 13: Student Section White Out, with all students encouraged to wear white attire.
• Rutgers, Nov. 21: Senior Day will introduce the team’s seniors to the Beaver Stadium crowd for the final time. It also will be Military Appreciation Day, including the Seats for Service Members program for fans to purchase tickets for active duty and veteran military personnel (call 1-800-648-8269 for more info).